Non Commercial Use
We wanted anyone, anywhere in the world, to be able to download designs for local fabrication and we wanted to reward creators financially when their plans were used commercially.
So, whilst plan licensing is entirely at the creators discretion (and we will happily accommodate other plans, including open source and proprietary licenses), many creators have released their plans for download under a Non-Commercial license.
With these designs, you have two options:
1. Downloading plans for personal usefor non-commercial use.
2. Buy the product directly from Fabricator or contact a Prefered Workshop in the Fabricator Network.When purchasing from a Prefered Workshop, , a royalty payment is automatically factored into the cost that you pay.
Definition of Non-Commercial Use:
Creative Commons provides broad guidance on the definition of commercial use; summarized as:
A commercial use is one primarily intended for commercial advantage or monetary compensation.
To clarify this, we have established the following principles. It is unambiguous commercial use when anyone:
1. charges a fee or makes a profit when making a Fabricator product.
2. sells (or bases a commercial service ) on a Fabricator product.
It follows from this that non-commercial use is when you make a Fabricator product yourself, with no intention to gain commercial advantage or monetary compensation. For example, the following qualify as non-commercial use:
1. You are an individual with your own CNC machine, or access to a shared CNC machine, and will personally cut and make a Fabricator product yourself
2. You are a student (or teacher) and you use the design files for educational purposes or training (and do not intend to sell the resulting parts)
If you are interested in obtaining a Commercial License, please join our community as a Professional Workshop.
You may contact us directly to purchase a commercial license or arrange a specific distribution deal.
We reserve the right to refuse any content we feel is not appropriate.
Users agree not to place any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable content/material of any kind. Users further agree not to place any content/material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
Fabricator.cc disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability, or availability of information or material displayed on this site. Fabricator.cc disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on Fabricator.cc.
Any project in this site is to be undertaken at the users own risk. Any User use is at your own risk. By using www.Fabricator.cc you agree to hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses that may result from the use of this site.
You understand and agree that your use of this web site and any services or content provided (the service) is made available and provided to you at your own risk. It is provided to you “as is” and we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, implied or express, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
We make no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the service will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free, timely, secure, accurate and reliable, of any quality, nor that any content is safe in any manner for download. You understand and agree that neither user nor any participant in the service provides professional advice of any kind and that use of such advice or any other information is solely at your own risk..
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loss (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from or arising out of (1) the use of or the inability to use our service, (2) the cost to obtain substitute goods and/or services resulting from any transaction entered into through the service, (3) unauthorized access to or alteration of your data transmissions, (4) statements or conduct of any third party on the service, or (5) any other matter relating to the service.
We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided.
Reproduction of any images or text contained in this website is prohibited without expressed written permission.
We are committed to taking action against any infringement on our copyright and will act vigorously against any violation.
You are welcome to link to any Fabricator.cc material.
The advice, plans and information on this site is intended for guidance only and anyone using it is responsible for determining whether such information or advice is correct for their use and within their level of skill or ability.
The plans, information and advice should not be relied upon as perfectly accurate under every condition, though we try to ensure accuracy. The user should seek expert advice and/or assistance when appropriate and if questions arise. Before undertaking the building of any of the plans, ensure that you have read and understand any safety and skill level guidance included with the plans or the tools and materials you will be using.
Fabricator.cc’s website rules and regulations:
• By using the www.Fabricator.cc website, you agree to all the terms and conditions as listed below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
• Everything in this site is the property of Fabricator.cc
• The information provided in this website is for informational and entertainment purposes only.
• No portion is to be copied, downloaded, retransmitted or reproduced in any form, without our express written permission.
• The measurements on this site are given in millimeters, and the measurements given in inches follow commas (1 inch = 25, 4 mm).
• Anything brought to our attention that should not be on this site will be removed.
• Anything brought to our attention regarding wrongful information, will be rectified.
• Fabricator.cc does not provide any product assistance, warranty, service or help of any kind for products or service offered through our affiliate web pages.
• Fabricator.cc provides all instructional, informative, tutorial and all other information as general knowledge only and accepts no responsibility for injury, loss of equipment, personal property damage, or any other responsibility whatsoever from following procedures contained on this website.
• You explicitly agree, in using this web site or any service provided, that you shall not:
o Provide any Content or perform any conduct that may be unlawful, illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law; provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent; provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
o Use Fabricator.cc as a forwarding service to another website
o Collect or store personal data about other users for business purposes
Fabricator.cc makes no warranty that:
• The service will meet your requirements.
• The service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
• The results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
• The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
• As noted above, Fabricator.cc does not and cannot control the actions of Fabricator.cc users, visitors or linked third parties. We reserve the right to report any malfeasance that comes to our attention to the appropriate authorities. We do not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to Fabricator.cc or any services. Operation of Fabricator.cc may be subject to interference from numerous factors outside our control. Further, scheduled and preventive maintenance as well as required and emergency maintenance work may temporarily interrupt services or access to the website. The disclaimers of warranty and limitations of liability apply, without limitation, to any damages or injury caused by the failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of or use of any asset, whether arising out of breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence or any other course of action by Fabricator.cc.
The privacy of our visitors to www.Fabricator.cc is important to us.
At www.Fabricator.cc, we recognize your personal information is private. The following are the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit www.Fabricator.cc and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on www.Fabricator.cc to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geo-targeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
Double Click DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Links to other sites outside of Fabricator.cc do not apply to this privacy statement. We are not responsible for privacy policies of other websites linked to Fabricator.cc. Please read the privacy statement of each website linked to Fabricator.cc for information and data use for visitor’s personal identification. Our privacy statement applies solely to Fabricator.cc.
Fabricator offers plans and patterns for free, while some other ePlans and patterns are for sale through our Fabricator store.
We want to help and offer ideas to as many people as possible – not just those with the financial ability to do so…
In Fabricator.cc you can find a large number of plans, patterns and 3D models. All the content in this website (unless otherwise stated) is copyright protected property by Fabricator.cc.
No portion whatsoever is to be copied, retransmitted or reproduced in any form, without our express written consent. We do not allow publishing of our IMAGES on other websites without our express written consent. Licenses are for plans, 3D models and patterns, not for images.
1. If there is a copyrighted plan, 3D model or pattern (GNU, Creative Common, etc.), the document may be used only with the specific indicated copyright.
2. If you are an individual and you would like to use a plan or model personal use, you may use the plans and patterns from this website (Free or For Sale)If you would like to support our website you can do so as follows:
* Send us pictures of the items you have produced using our plans or patterns and we will add it to our website under your work category.
You may also email your personal information (name, location) if you wish
* If you would like to help other people with manufacturing items by using our plans please do the following: make pictures of all the steps of your work including the assembly of parts, then email the pictures to us with a short description and some useful tips about the manufacturing process. The pictures of your works will be added to our website under your name or pseudonym.
3. If you are company that wants to make a product based on our plans or patterns for commercial use based in part or in whole on plans, patterns or3D models found on our website, please contact us via e-mail to receive our express written consent.
4. If you wish to ADVERTISE a product made by our ePlans or patterns on our website, please contact us via e-mail to receive our express written consent. We offer space (Banner) on our website for advertisement purposes. You can place your advertisement on particular pages (if you have made a product using our plan (s) – you may advertise it next to the original plan on our website).
5. If you have a website and you would like to publish some of our materials on it – we would be pleased but you must first obtain our written consent. We do not allow publishing of our complete plans just representative previews with a link to our website. We reserve the right to not allow the publishing of our materials on a website if it does not match our criteria.
6. If you are publishing company and you would like to publish our materials – please contact us via our Contact us form for express consent.
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
Last Update: July 1, 2015
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal’s services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, (h) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (k) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
Activities Requiring Approval
PayPal requires pre-approval to accept payments for certain services as detailed in the chart below.
Service Requiring Pre-Approval
|Airlines and scheduled or non-scheduled charters/jets/air taxi operators; collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organization; dealing in jewels, precious metals and stones; acting as a money transmitter or selling stored value cards; selling stocks, bonds, securities, options, futures (forex) or an investment interest in any entity or property; or providing escrow services.||Please send contact information, business website URL and a brief business summary to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages, non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices.||Please send contact information, business website URL and brief business summary to email@example.com|
|Activities involving gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, fantasy sports, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not legally defined as gambling) and sweepstakes, if the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.||Please send contact information, business website URL and brief business summary to firstname.lastname@example.org|
To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help Center.
Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy
We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can email PayPal’s AUP Compliance Department at: email@example.com.